POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? (Message 31 to 40 of 108)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
Date: 7 Jun 2010 14:35:54
Message: <4c0d3c0a$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/7/2010 9:07 AM, scott wrote:
>> * The acceleration lanes for entering the freeway ARE NOT PASSING
>> LANES. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PASS VEHICLES IN THIS LANE.
>
> Also, you are meant to ACCELERATE in these lanes! On Saturday I followed
> a car that stayed at a steady 40-50 km/hr and attempted to join a pretty
> empty autobahn where the cars were doing ~120 km/hr. When you're stuck
> behind one of these people there isn't much you can do, and you will be
> the one who gets the horn blast and flashing lights for pulling out so
> slowly.

Gah!  Yet another peeve... but, yeah. Needless to say merging onto a
70mph road at 50mph is not going to win you any friends.
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Jun 2010 14:38:58
Message: <4c0d3cc2$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 18:56:26 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 07/06/2010 6:28 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 12:30:47 -0400, Tom Austin wrote:
>>
>>> Those who drive in the undertaking lane are causing a traffic hazard.
>>
>> I've found this thread quite interesting; I learned that one should
>> never undertake (never heard it called that before; "pass on the right"
>> is how it was explained to me), and so I try to avoid doing that
>> myself.
>>

> Undertaking implies death and shows disapproval. I never do it.

LOL, I missed that definition entirely. :-)

>> I agree with your philosophy, though, and I wish more people held that
>> idea.  When driving a ton or more of metal at 65+ MPH on the freeway, a
>> little respect goes a long ways towards saving lives.
>>

> LOL In the UK doing a ton means driving at 100 mph.

Interesting, I didn't know that. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message