POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Jun 2010 15:06:35
Message: <4c0d433b@news.povray.org>
On 07/06/2010 2:47 PM, Mike Raiford wrote:

> Yep, Somebody parked on my bumper and flashing their headlights are not
> going to get the desired result from me.

Too true ;-)

> It's a bit annoying when someone rides your bumper as you're in the
> passing lane and overtaking. I generally don't have a desire to drive
> 80mph down the road,

You don't? < 10 mph over the speed limit seems to be OK here, even from
the Polis

> but I also don't want to be stuck by the ninny
> driving 60mph when the speed limit is 70mph.

Borrow Bill's MI5-issue wheel-laser, ;-)

Do you remember the toy that made machine gun and Ray Gun noises that
fitted on your dashboard?

> What's worse is when you're stuck behind someone driving at 50mph, and
> the fast lane is moving at 80mph.

I think that you are allowed to beep your horn in that case.

> Eh, my view on it is this for 3 lanes each way:
> [Snip]

That is exactly how I view it. (If you read left for right)

> On a related note:
>
> * The acceleration lanes for entering the freeway ARE NOT PASSING LANES.
> DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PASS VEHICLES IN THIS LANE. You'll run out of road and
> cut off the vehicle you're passing, or worse. This is my biggest pet
> peeve, and has happened numerous times at one particular spot on the way
> home. I actually had one kid try to run me off the road after blasting
> my horn at him for nearly taking out my front bumper as he attempted
> this maneuver.

year.

so that outside lane joins the motorway first and the inside lane joins
about a quarter of a mile later.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen