POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hole in Guatemala Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Hole in Guatemala (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: nemesis
Subject: Hole in Guatemala
Date: 1 Jun 2010 18:45:00
Message: <web.4c058c40409a6586b600c7af0@news.povray.org>
http://gizmodo.com/5551916/the-gates-of-hell-just-opened-in-guatemala

it seems there used to be a house there...

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Hole in Guatemala
Date: 1 Jun 2010 19:22:33
Message: <4c059639$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:40:00 -0400, nemesis wrote:

> http://gizmodo.com/5551916/the-gates-of-hell-just-opened-in-guatemala
>
> it seems there used to be a house there...

My wife tells me that in the part of PA where she grew up, this sort of
thing could happen (though she hadn't heard of anything on this scale
there); in SW PA, coal rights under private property are mostly already
owned by coal mining companies, and occasionally they can have a mine
collapse that takes down part of the property above it.

Jim

Post a reply to this message