POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hole in Guatemala : Re: Hole in Guatemala Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hole in Guatemala
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Jun 2010 19:22:33
Message: <4c059639$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:40:00 -0400, nemesis wrote:

> http://gizmodo.com/5551916/the-gates-of-hell-just-opened-in-guatemala
>
> it seems there used to be a house there...

My wife tells me that in the part of PA where she grew up, this sort of
thing could happen (though she hadn't heard of anything on this scale
there); in SW PA, coal rights under private property are mostly already
owned by coal mining companies, and occasionally they can have a mine
collapse that takes down part of the property above it.

Jim