POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Alan Wake, AAARGH! (Message 21 to 30 of 121)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
Date: 30 May 2010 15:46:39
Message: <4c02c09f@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> I mean, if you buy a PS3, you can avoid buying a bluray disk player,
> which costs about half what a PS3 costs in the USA at least. And I
> understand the PS3 player is a very nice implementation.

Interestingly, my mother now owns a Sony BluRay player, and the menu
system on it looks suspicously similar to my sister's PS3...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: nemesis
Date: 30 May 2010 16:40:00
Message: <web.4c02cc9cfb36904d322a87f10@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > It's still on the market and dirt cheap! :)
>
>   Can you connect it to a CRT? If not, it won't be cheap.

we're talking about PS2, right?  It is standard definition system, best viewed
on CRT's indeed.

> > The last FFs worth of the name were FFVII
>
>   I have never understood the hype about that one. The graphics are just
> horrible (compare to other similar games for the PS1, such as Chrono Cross
> or FF IX) and the story is not all that compelling.

It was completely mindblowing back in early 1997.  Both in audio-visual wizardry
and in the creepy, cyberpunk setting.  There was simply nothing like it in game
consoles before.  I personally enjoyed FFVI more, but it was still terrific.

Post a reply to this message