POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 3D modeler - scultris Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  3D modeler - scultris (Message 10 to 19 of 19)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: 3D modeler - scultris
Date: 24 May 2010 15:54:12
Message: <4bfad964@news.povray.org>

http://www.blendernation.com/unlimited-clay-soon-in-blender/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Blendernation+(BlenderNation)

> the cuban guy behind Blender volumetrics is at Blender sculpting again,
> this time with Sculptris and dynamic tesselation as a model rather than
> the voxel model of 3DCoat!  That can only be good news, specially for
> Linux folks. :)
>
> Damn, that alone should be reason enough to drop the embargo on the
> island... :D

bwahaha, too much fun!

http://i49.tinypic.com/21l7byb.jpg

always wanted to do something like this in Blender all in sculpting, but
it'd require a base mesh one way or the other.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 24 May 2010 18:01:59
Message: <4bfaf757$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Still waiting for the genuine haptic-feedback 3d touchscreen :-P

The funny thing is, it's not *that* hard...

Ever read Rudy Rucker's "Hacker and the Ants"?  I liked the "cheap" version
of the 3D interfaces:

A 3D screen, with glasses.  Several inches off the desk so you reach under
and behind it.  Gloves that track where your hands are so the computer can
draw them on the screen where your hands really are. Peizo buzzers in the
fingertips and palms so you can tell when you're squeezing something. A
barstool where the footrest ring will turn when you kick it, signaling to
the computer as if you're spinning in your seat so the computer can draw
from a different angle.

Sounded *totally* doable.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid

Post a reply to this message