POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prehistoric dust Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Prehistoric dust (Message 11 to 20 of 145)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Dusty
Date: 18 May 2010 07:39:23
Message: <4bf27c6b$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Was there ever a time when programs were entered into memory via
>>> switches rather than some other medium?
>>
>> I do that all the time :-)
>
> *sigh*

:-D

> I ment where you have a bank of switches to select a memory address, and a
> second bank of switches to select what datum to write there.

I did that at university.  We had a hex keypad to write machine code
instructions to RAM.  IIRC we had to write a program to do some thermostat
control of a heater or something - extra marks for proportional control.
But then this was just part of the CPU course to get us familiar with
instructions and stuff.

Post a reply to this message