POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Babbage Flaw Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  The Babbage Flaw (Message 1 to 10 of 111)
From: Invisible
Subject: The Babbage Flaw
Date: 11 May 2010 10:01:04
Message: <4be96320@news.povray.org>

tinkering. No sooner would he send a drawing to the machine shop than he
would find a better way to perform the task and would order work stopped
until he had finished pursuing the new line. By and large this flaw kept
Babbage from ever finishing anything."

OK, so how many of you are thinking "hmm, that sounds like me" right
now? ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> "One of Babbage’s most serious flaws was his inability to stop
> tinkering. No sooner would he send a drawing to the machine shop than he
> would find a better way to perform the task and would order work stopped
> until he had finished pursuing the new line. By and large this flaw kept
> Babbage from ever finishing anything."
>
> OK, so how many of you are thinking "hmm, that sounds like me" right
> now? ;-)

_o/ *raises hand*

Post a reply to this message

> tinkering. No sooner would he send a drawing to the machine shop than he
> would find a better way to perform the task and would order work stopped
> until he had finished pursuing the new line. By and large this flaw kept
> Babbage from ever finishing anything."
>
> OK, so how many of you are thinking "hmm, that sounds like me" right
> now? ;-)

I believe it's the flaw of all tinkerers, including programming types... :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message