POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Babbage Flaw : Re: The Babbage Flaw Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Babbage Flaw
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 May 2010 00:20:40
Message: <4beb7e18$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 12 May 2010 16:31:19 -0700, Darren New wrote:

>  It wasn't perfect, and
> it lacked a lot of features, but it worked fairly well if you were in
> their target market, compared to anything else close to the same price.

I have always said Microsoft was good at making products that were "good
enough" for users.  Not outstanding, but they really found the right
breakeven point for the users when it came to marketing/pricing their
products and incorporating enough features that they met the needs of a
large number of users.

Jim