POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Bl**dy election (part 2) (Message 346 to 355 of 365)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
Date: 7 May 2010 19:59:28
Message: <4be4a960@news.povray.org>
On 07/05/2010 6:05 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 06 May 2010 21:55:59 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> Play with this and put the 3 main parties at 33.3%
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8609989.stm
>
> Interesting - thanks for that pointer. :-)
>
> Jim

My pleasure.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 13 May 2010 05:08:24
Message: <4BEBC186.7030707@gmail.com>
BTW did we already congratulate you on your new government?
And on the speed they formed one. Here it often takes months to form a
government.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 13 May 2010 06:33:50
Message: <4bebd58e$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/05/2010 10:08 AM, andrel wrote:
> BTW did we already congratulate you on your new government?

Thanks but I don’t know if congratulations are in order. ;-)

> And on the speed they formed one. Here it often takes months to form a
> government.

But the world will stop turning if we don’t have a government, so the
politicians say. :-P

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> BTW did we already congratulate you on your new government?
>
> Thanks but I don’t know if congratulations are in order. ;-)
>
>> And on the speed they formed one. Here it often takes months to form a
>> government.
>
> But the world will stop turning if we don’t have a government, so the
> politicians say. :-P

Our government fell feb 20th, having a partial government without full
power since then. Elections will be june 9th. I am not expecting a new
government before October. As long as you (or germany) provide a
government, you will turn the earth for us, I guess.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 13 May 2010 07:19:22
Message: <4bebe039@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> BTW did we already congratulate you on your new government?
> And on the speed they formed one. Here it often takes months to form a
> government.

  Wait, this thread was about the British elections?-o

  ;)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 13 May 2010 07:36:41
Message: <4BEBE447.8040307@gmail.com>
On 13-5-2010 13:19, Warp wrote:
> andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> BTW did we already congratulate you on your new government?
>> And on the speed they formed one. Here it often takes months to form a
>> government.
>
>   Wait, this thread was about the British elections?-o
>
>   ;)

Did you have a new one too?

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 13 May 2010 11:17:43
Message: <4bec1817$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/05/2010 12:06 PM, andrel wrote:
>> But the world will stop turning if we don’t have a government, so the
>> politicians say. :-P
>>
> Our government fell feb 20th, having a partial government without full
> power since then. Elections will be june 9th. I am not expecting a new
> government before October. As long as you (or germany) provide a
> government, you will turn the earth for us, I guess.

It is our press that does it. They have a 10th Dan in creating Media
Panic. ;-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 May 2010 12:29:29
Message: <4bec28e9$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 13 May 2010 11:33:53 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 13/05/2010 10:08 AM, andrel wrote:
>> BTW did we already congratulate you on your new government?
>
> Thanks but I don’t know if congratulations are in order. ;-)

Well, think of it this way - with Cameron as PM, he's got to make several
unpopular decisions, and according to at least one pundit (I forget who),
those decisions could well exclude that party from being in power for
more than 5 years. (The article my wife read suggested that the winner
wouldn't be in power for a generation after they got done).

So if you're not a fan of the Tories, this is a really good thing.

>> And on the speed they formed one. Here it often takes months to form a
>> government.
>
> But the world will stop turning if we don’t have a government, so the
> politicians say. :-P

Certainly their world will stop turning. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 13 May 2010 12:31:12
Message: <4bec2950@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> But the world will stop turning if we don’t have a government,
so the
> politicians say. :-P

As opposed to California, where we have lots and lots of government, and

they still manage to deadlock each other so much that the governator wind
up giving out IOUs instead of paychecks to the employees.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 13 May 2010 12:56:03
Message: <4bec2f23$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/05/2010 5:29 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2010 11:33:53 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> On 13/05/2010 10:08 AM, andrel wrote:
>>> BTW did we already congratulate you on your new government?
>>
>> Thanks but I don’t know if congratulations are in order. ;-)
>
> Well, think of it this way - with Cameron as PM, he's got to make several
> unpopular decisions, and according to at least one pundit (I forget who),
> those decisions could well exclude that party from being in power for
> more than 5 years. (The article my wife read suggested that the winner
> wouldn't be in power for a generation after they got done).

I think that that was Mervyn King the Governor of the Bank of England.
And your wife is correct about being out of power for a generation.

> So if you're not a fan of the Tories, this is a really good thing.

The 1st Duke of Wellington and the 2nd Earl Grey will be turning in
their graves at the thought of the Whigs and Tories in coalition.

>>> And on the speed they formed one. Here it often takes months to form a
>>> government.
>>
>> But the world will stop turning if we don’t have a government, so the
>> politicians say. :-P
>
> Certainly their world will stop turning. ;-)

Especially if no one noticed.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen