POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 May 2010 12:29:29
Message: <4bec28e9$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 13 May 2010 11:33:53 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 13/05/2010 10:08 AM, andrel wrote:
>> BTW did we already congratulate you on your new government?
>
> Thanks but I don’t know if congratulations are in order. ;-)

Well, think of it this way - with Cameron as PM, he's got to make several
unpopular decisions, and according to at least one pundit (I forget who),
those decisions could well exclude that party from being in power for
more than 5 years. (The article my wife read suggested that the winner
wouldn't be in power for a generation after they got done).

So if you're not a fan of the Tories, this is a really good thing.

>> And on the speed they formed one. Here it often takes months to form a
>> government.
>
> But the world will stop turning if we don’t have a government, so the
> politicians say. :-P

Certainly their world will stop turning. ;-)

Jim