POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Baffling (Message 177 to 186 of 216)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Baffling
Date: 28 Apr 2010 17:06:58
Message: <4bd8a372$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:24:29 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> bedroom would be more valuable, so all we have to do is patch the holes
>> from the mounts for the screen and the projector - no problem. :-)
>
> Oh, these were just bolted to planks, basically. Totally movable. Not
> really the actual movie theatre experience, I'll grant.

Yeah, something similar with our ceiling mount.

> We did have a row of airplane seats for a while, after the Frnklin
> Institute science museum closed their 747 exhibit and basically threw
> away the plane. Did you know insurance companies value a row of 747
> seats at about $700, or at least did when we had the house fire back in
> 1985?

Wow - I assume 1st class seating, not coach. ;-)

And fire?  Sounds like a story....

>> If we were going to be here longer, I'd have even run the wires for the
>> speakers in the walls. :-)
>
> That works even if you sell the house, mind. :-)  I had ethernet put in
> the walls before the put the drywall up, but I definitely should have
> had the speaker wires run too.

Oh, true, and I wish I'd done Ethernet while we were in the walls.

>> Looks like I can get my bulbs sub-$300,
>
> I think my brother pays $800 or so for his. They're extra super bright
> or some nonsense. :-)

Yeah, we did blackout fabric on the windows (attached with velcro,
actually), so we run the lamp at low power, generally gives us a good
picture unless we've got the windows open.  But I went in and watched Law
& Order: Criminal Intent during lunch today (oh the joy of working from
home), and I didn't bother putting the shade up on the south window -
kinad overcast today anyways.

Jim

Post a reply to this message