POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All about presentation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  All about presentation (Message 11 to 20 of 82)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: All about presentation
Date: 15 Apr 2010 13:30:31
Message: <4bc74d37@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> > Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >> But damn, how do
> >> you draw something this nice in the first place?
> >
> >   Well, there's this little-known program called Photoshop and...

> ...and using Photoshop, I wouldn't even know how to create the stripy
> background. Goodness only knows how you do the curved corners, the
> delicious drop shadows, the glow effect at the top of the page, and so
> on and so forth. (And then, as I said, there's the "minor detail" of
> turning all of thise graphics into a web page somehow...)

  There's this thing called learning and...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 15 Apr 2010 13:43:12
Message: <4bc75030@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   There's this thing called learning and...

I fondly remember the first company I ever worked at where people weren't
pissy and selfish and grumpy. I had hand-drawn a diagram of a rather complex
architecture, with multiple messages flying between computers in different
administrative domains and stuff like that.  I went to the head of marketing
and said "Do we have anything I could use to turn this into something
presentation-quality?"  She took it from my hand, glanced at it, reached it
over the wall of the cubicle she was standing next to,and said "Yes. His
name is Tom."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Yes, we're traveling together,

Post a reply to this message

> I fondly remember the first company I ever worked at where people
> weren't pissy and selfish and grumpy. I had hand-drawn a diagram of a
> rather complex architecture, with multiple messages flying between
> computers in different administrative domains and stuff like that.  I
> went to the head of marketing and said "Do we have anything I could use
> to turn this into something presentation-quality?"  She took it from my
> hand, glanced at it, reached it over the wall of the cubicle she was
> standing next to,and said "Yes. His name is Tom."

You shoulda brought a gun rather than a beer, mate.

Nah, I don't need a gun, I've got a Donk.

You've got a what??

DONK!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/