POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How times have changed Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  How times have changed (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: How times have changed
Date: 13 Apr 2010 22:55:00
Message: <web.4bc52e187c59496f836f26ed0@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> > It's not that I dislike all of electronic music.  Here's quite a few I
> > truly enjoy for your listening pleasure:
>
> I bet you'd like Jean-Michael Jarre too.

Sure.  And Vangelis.  and Kraftwerk. :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 13 Apr 2010 23:16:34
Message: <4bc53392$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
>> nemesis wrote:
>>> It's not that I dislike all of electronic music.  Here's quite a few I
>>> truly enjoy for your listening pleasure:
>> I bet you'd like Jean-Michael Jarre too.
>
> Sure.  And Vangelis.  and Kraftwerk. :)

Just checking. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Yes, we're traveling together,

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 13 Apr 2010 23:25:30
Message: <4bc535aa$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
>> nemesis wrote:
>>> It's not that I dislike all of electronic music.  Here's quite a few I
>>> truly enjoy for your listening pleasure:
>> I bet you'd like Jean-Michael Jarre too.
>
> Sure.  And Vangelis.  and Kraftwerk. :)

How about Isao Tomita? :-)

From: Doctor John
Date: 14 Apr 2010 06:10:55
Message: <4bc594af@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
<snip>
> I was amused when I realized several of the Queen songs have cross-song
> references, ensuring they would always be played together even on the
> radio. Last time I really listened closely, I wasn't nearly cynical
> enough to believe this was done on purpose for financial reasons.

Finance? That's the last thing a 'true artist' thinks about ;-)

OK, OK, we're both cynics

John
--
Cogito sum,|| wbu### [at] tznvypbz (rot'ed) || GPG Key Fingerprint:
ergo sum,  ||   These opinions are mine alone,   || 0D9BCF4CF1B71CA2F5F7

Post a reply to this message

> look at Magna Charta's "Lord of the Ages", for instance.

OMG, haven't heard that track for years. Reminds me of a long defunct
relationship (she had the album).
Any chance of a .mp3 or .ogg?

John
--
Cogito sum,|| wbu### [at] tznvypbz (rot'ed) || GPG Key Fingerprint:
ergo sum,  ||   These opinions are mine alone,   || 0D9BCF4CF1B71CA2F5F7
cogito     ||     others can find their own      || BFBBCBC34EDEAEFCE453

Post a reply to this message

Just search Youtube for the song - there are lots of versions.

Post a reply to this message

>> Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
>>> I bet you'd like Jean-Michael Jarre too.
>>
>> Sure.  And Vangelis.  and Kraftwerk. :)
>
> How about Isao Tomita? :-)

never heard of it.

--