POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy elections Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Bl**dy elections (Message 21 to 30 of 49)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Bl**dy elections
Date: 12 Apr 2010 13:42:35
Message: <4bc35b8b@news.povray.org>
On 12/04/2010 6:26 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> I thought that you’d been in a different country for most of your life :-P
>>

> ROTFLMAO

Oh! I said “country” instead of “planet”. Silly me. ;-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 12 Apr 2010 13:47:15
Message: <4bc35ca3@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On 12/04/2010 6:26 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> Stephen wrote:
>>> I thought that you’d been in a different country for most of your
>>> life :-P
>>>

>> ROTFLMAO
>>

> Oh! I said “country” instead of “planet”. Silly me. ;-)

Stop it! I'm trying to drink a cup of coffee.

Cogito sum,|| wbu### [at] tznvypbz (rot'ed) || GPG Key Fingerprint:
ergo sum,  ||   These opinions are mine alone,   || 0D9BCF4CF1B71CA2F5F7
cogito     ||     others can find their own      || BFBBCBC34EDEAEFCE453

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 12 Apr 2010 14:01:54
Message: <4bc36012$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/04/2010 6:47 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>>>>

>>> ROTFLMAO
>>>

>> Oh! I said “country” instead of “planet”. Silly me. ;-)
>>
> Stop it! I'm trying to drink a cup of coffee.

It is less fattening when it comes out of your nose. :-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Date: 12 Apr 2010 17:02:31
Message: <4bc38a67$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Doctor John wrote:
>> As all the Brits in this froup are aware, we are about to have a general
>> election and at the same time local council elections.
>
> Actually I wasn't. Thanks for the heads up.
>
> (Did I mention that I've been in a different country for the past week?)

Was there a girl involved?

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 12 Apr 2010 17:40:09
Message: <4BC39332.1080007@gmail.com>
On 12-4-2010 22:59, John VanSickle wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Doctor John wrote:
>>> As all the Brits in this froup are aware, we are about to have a general
>>> election and at the same time local council elections.
>>
>> Actually I wasn't. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>> (Did I mention that I've been in a different country for the past week?)
>
> Was there a girl involved?

No, his sister didn't come this time.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 12 Apr 2010 18:35:49
Message: <4bc3a045$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 12-4-2010 22:59, John VanSickle wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually I wasn't. Thanks for the heads up.
>>>
>>> (Did I mention that I've been in a different country for the past week?)
>>
>> Was there a girl involved?
>
> No, his sister didn't come this time.

Oh snap!

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Yes, we're traveling together,

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 13 Apr 2010 03:59:26
Message: <4bc4245e$1@news.povray.org>
>> (Did I mention that I've been in a different country for the past week?)
>
> Was there a girl involved?

Define "girl" and "involved".

While I was away I did in fact speak to several female people who I've
never met before, and they seemed to enjoy the experience...

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 13 Apr 2010 06:15:50
Message: <4bc44456@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook v2 wrote:
> Oh you should see the letters page of our local paper, they've been all
> coming out the woodwork over the past month to tell us how wonderfully
> they've been acting on our behalf.
>
> Sad to say with the short-termness of so many I can't blame them for the
> deluge of letters.

I've always thought that there is a definite case to be made for the
disbarring of any candidate that actively seeks election.

slightlyOOC The Labour candidate for my constituency is the drummer from
Blur. How the **** does that qualify him as a putative MP? The
(incumbent) Conservative candidate, on the other hand, is a real nowhere
man; Mark Field, who he? $DEITY alone knows who the Lib-Dem candidate
is; they haven't bothered sending me any election spam or junk mail.I'm
spoilt for choice, I really am. :-D

John (laughing 'cos otherwise I'd be crying)

From: Invisible
Date: 13 Apr 2010 06:20:53
Message: <4bc44585$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:

> I've always thought that there is a definite case to be made for the
> disbarring of any candidate that actively seeks election.

Wasn't it Douglas Adams who said that the people who want to be leaders
make the worst leaders? (And who also said "in summary: people are a
problem".)

OTOH, otherwise you'd just end up with the leaders being people who
don't want to be leaders, which would probably be even *worse*...

Benny claims that there was once a time when politicians actually wanted
to be politicians to make England a better place, rather than for
personal gain. Then again, Benny also tried to tell me that The
Summertime Blues was recorded by James Flint, not Eddie Cochran...

> slightlyOOC The Labour candidate for my constituency is the drummer from
> Blur. How the **** does that qualify him as a putative MP?

And that guy from Terminator is the governor of Florida. Presumably
because he was the only candidate listed that anybody had actually heard
of...

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 13 Apr 2010 06:27:33
Message: <4bc44715@news.povray.org>
Out of curiosity: Why does the word "bloody" need to be censored? I didn't
know it was such a bad word.

--
                                                          - Warp