POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy elections : Re: Bl**dy elections Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy elections
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Apr 2010 06:20:53
Message: <4bc44585$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:

> I've always thought that there is a definite case to be made for the
> disbarring of any candidate that actively seeks election.

Wasn't it Douglas Adams who said that the people who want to be leaders
make the worst leaders? (And who also said "in summary: people are a
problem".)

OTOH, otherwise you'd just end up with the leaders being people who
don't want to be leaders, which would probably be even *worse*...

Benny claims that there was once a time when politicians actually wanted
to be politicians to make England a better place, rather than for
personal gain. Then again, Benny also tried to tell me that The
Summertime Blues was recorded by James Flint, not Eddie Cochran...

> slightlyOOC The Labour candidate for my constituency is the drummer from
> Blur. How the **** does that qualify him as a putative MP?

And that guy from Terminator is the governor of Florida. Presumably
because he was the only candidate listed that anybody had actually heard
of...