POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPad: WTF, Apple? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  iPad: WTF, Apple? (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: iPad: WTF, Apple?
Date: 3 Apr 2010 23:00:39
Message: <4bb800d7@news.povray.org>
No USB port?  No multi-tasking?

Is it me, or is this thing just an over-sized iPod?

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: gregjohn
Subject: Re: iPad: WTF, Apple?
Date: 4 Apr 2010 09:30:00
Message: <web.4bb893f7cc250ef234d207310@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> No USB port?  No multi-tasking?

.... thanks for saving me $700.  Not on the fence but near it, and now turning
around ...

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 4 Apr 2010 10:20:22
Message: <4bb8a025@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> No USB port?  No multi-tasking?

> Is it me, or is this thing just an over-sized iPod?

  It's not supposed to be a laptop. It's supposed to be a multimedia viewing
platform. You browse the internet, watch videos, play music, read books and
play games. A conventional laptop is often too hard to use for some people
(especially elderly) and a touch screen which you can use with your fingers
is much easier. These people wouldn't even understand what "usb" or
"multitasking" is, nor would they really have any need for them.

  If you want usb and multitasking, buy a laptop. You'll be able to run
Windows programs as well (or install linux or whatever you want).

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message