POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesoem photoshop tool Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Awesoem photoshop tool (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Darren New
Subject: Awesoem photoshop tool
Date: 28 Mar 2010 10:56:20
Message: <4baf6e14$1@news.povray.org>
Content-aware fill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Yes, we're traveling togeher,
   but to different destinations.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Awesoem photoshop tool
Date: 28 Mar 2010 11:13:34
Message: <4baf721e@news.povray.org>
On 28/03/2010 3:56 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Content-aware fill.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI

Almost worth buying for that tool.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 28 Mar 2010 22:00:01
Message: <4bb009a1$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On 28/03/2010 3:56 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> Content-aware fill.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI
>>

> Almost worth buying for that tool.

Or is it?

http://www.logarithmic.net/pfh/resynthesizer

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 29 Mar 2010 11:44:06
Message: <4BB0CAC5.9050700@gmail.com>
On 28-3-2010 16:56, Darren New wrote:
> Content-aware fill.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI

My first reaction was: Yikes!

Then I realized that the main use is sort of like like using a photo as
a template to create something new, just like painting or drawing, not
modify an existing photo.
Yet I still don't feel comfortable when anybody can change any picture
so easily. I guess I have to learn to live with an ever changing past.

Post a reply to this message

> Yet I still don't feel comfortable when anybody can change any picture
> so easily. I guess I have to learn to live with an ever changing past.

I think this has been the case for a little while now... It's just that
this supposedly makes it easier. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

>> Yet I still don't feel comfortable when anybody can change any picture so
>> easily. I guess I have to learn to live with an ever changing past.
>
> I think this has been the case for a little while now... It's just that
> this supposedly makes it easier. ;-)

Nothing really new. Even Stalin had photos changed to remove persons from a
photo or "clean" trash away.

He had it done the hard way, by hand-painting the photos (or negatives).
Today it is just faster, cheaper and more perfect. As long as there are
photos around they have been altered and faked. Every photo set is a
manipulation, anyway. If you go to a photographer he will try his utmost to
show your nice side in a photo.

Apart from this: the tool (if it really works this nice in reality, a big
if) would be very nice. I have done my share of painting a grey sky blue, a
patchy brown lawn green, do away with trashbins and so on myself.

I sometimes feel like I'm in Wonderland - I'm painting the roses red. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> Then I realized that the main use is sort of like like using a photo as
> a template to create something new, just like painting or drawing, not
> modify an existing photo.
> Yet I still don't feel comfortable when anybody can change any picture
> so easily. I guess I have to learn to live with an ever changing past.

It's much better than just that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ScWu7pG7r0

Post a reply to this message

>>> Yet I still don't feel comfortable when anybody can change any picture so
>>> easily. I guess I have to learn to live with an ever changing past.
>> I think this has been the case for a little while now... It's just that
>> this supposedly makes it easier. ;-)
>
> Nothing really new. Even Stalin had photos changed to remove persons from a
> photo or "clean" trash away.

I am fully aware of that. The difference is that now any 12yo might be
able to remove dad from the family pictures because he does not want her
to come home after 1 am on saterday.

Post a reply to this message

>> Nothing really new. Even Stalin had photos changed to remove persons from
>> a photo or "clean" trash away.
>
> I am fully aware of that. The difference is that now any 12yo might be
> able to remove dad from the family pictures because he does not want her
> to come home after 1 am on saterday.

ROTFL nice !

Marc