POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesoem photoshop tool : Re: Awesome photoshop tool Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Awesome photoshop tool
From: TC
Date: 29 Mar 2010 19:18:38
Message: <4bb1354e$1@news.povray.org>
>> Yet I still don't feel comfortable when anybody can change any picture so
>> easily. I guess I have to learn to live with an ever changing past.
>
> I think this has been the case for a little while now... It's just that
> this supposedly makes it easier. ;-)

Nothing really new. Even Stalin had photos changed to remove persons from a
photo or "clean" trash away.

He had it done the hard way, by hand-painting the photos (or negatives).
Today it is just faster, cheaper and more perfect. As long as there are
photos around they have been altered and faked. Every photo set is a
manipulation, anyway. If you go to a photographer he will try his utmost to
show your nice side in a photo.

Apart from this: the tool (if it really works this nice in reality, a big
if) would be very nice. I have done my share of painting a grey sky blue, a
patchy brown lawn green, do away with trashbins and so on myself.

I sometimes feel like I'm in Wonderland - I'm painting the roses red. ;-)