POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why homeopathy can be dangerous Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Why homeopathy can be dangerous (Message 1 to 10 of 117)
From: Warp
Subject: Why homeopathy can be dangerous
Date: 23 Mar 2010 12:00:44
Message: <4ba8e5ac@news.povray.org>
Some people argue that since homeopathic substances amount to placebos in
practice, the entire phenomenon of homeopathy is more or less innocuous
(unless you count people spending money on it for nothing).

  Not so:
http://www.news.com.au/national/babys-eczema-death-was-parents-fault/story-e6frfkvr-1225708504277

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:00:44 -0400, Warp wrote:

>   Some people argue that since homeopathic substances amount to placebos
>   in
> practice, the entire phenomenon of homeopathy is more or less innocuous
> (unless you count people spending money on it for nothing).

Sure - a belief in the "power" of homeopathy can prevent people from
seeking true treatments as well (I didn't read the story yet).

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>   Some people argue that since homeopathic substances amount to placebos in
> practice, the entire phenomenon of homeopathy is more or less innocuous

Homeopathy is innocuous. Believing it works is the danger. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Yes, we're traveling togeher,

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:17:58 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Warp wrote:
>>   Some people argue that since homeopathic substances amount to
>>   placebos in
>> practice, the entire phenomenon of homeopathy is more or less innocuous
>
> Homeopathy is innocuous. Believing it works is the danger. :-)

Point to Darren. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 23/03/2010 9:17 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> Some people argue that since homeopathic substances amount to placebos in
>> practice, the entire phenomenon of homeopathy is more or less innocuous
>
> Homeopathy is innocuous. Believing it works is the danger. :-)

Believing it works for others, especially your children, is criminal.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Homeopathy is innocuous. Believing it works is the danger. :-)

Believing it works is the cure...

Post a reply to this message

>> Homeopathy is innocuous. Believing it works is the danger. :-)
>
> Believing it works is the cure...

And that can work.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

I find the notion that a medicine becomes stronger as it gets diluted a
rather strange one.

Post a reply to this message

> I find the notion that a medicine becomes stronger as it gets diluted a
> rather strange one.

The same way a brain gets stronger the less you use it.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message