POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why homeopathy can be dangerous : Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous
From: scott
Date: 24 Mar 2010 04:02:42
Message: <4ba9c722$1@news.povray.org>
>>   Some people argue that since homeopathic substances amount to placebos
>> in
>> practice, the entire phenomenon of homeopathy is more or less innocuous
>
> Homeopathy is innocuous. Believing it works is the danger. :-)

I have no problem with people believing in stuff like that.  What is the
danger is when a) you are talking about a serious condition (not just a
cough or a headache), and b) you refuse to change your belief when it is
*obvious* it is not working.

Even with conventional medicine that has a scientifically proven benefit, if
it's not working in your particular case, most people would accept that fact
and try another medicine.  For someone to be using something on a child in
the first place that has never been proven better than placebo, and then to
refuse to try something else when it's not working, *that* is criminal.

I really wonder whether the people who make this stuff really do believe in
it, or whether they are just laughing at all the idiots giving them lots of
money for tap water?