POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why homeopathy can be dangerous Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Why homeopathy can be dangerous (Message 11 to 20 of 117)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Why homeopathy can be dangerous
Date: 24 Mar 2010 05:22:07
Message: <4ba9d9bf@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> I really wonder whether the people who make this stuff really do believe
> in it, or whether they are just laughing at all the idiots giving them
> lots of money for tap water?

My guess would be that both types of people exist. The interesting
question is in what proportions they exist...

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 24 Mar 2010 08:09:06
Message: <4baa00e2$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/23/2010 4:17 PM, Darren New wrote:

> Homeopathy is innocuous. Believing it works is the danger. :-)

Precisely!

BTW, Nice to meet you in person!

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 24 Mar 2010 08:10:12
Message: <4baa0124$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/24/2010 1:12 AM, Stephen wrote:

>> I find the notion that a medicine becomes stronger as it gets diluted a
>> rather strange one.
>>

> The same way a brain gets stronger the less you use it.

Um ... Atrophy much? ;)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 24 Mar 2010 08:15:13
Message: <4baa0251$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/23/2010 4:29 PM, Stephen wrote:

> Believing it works for others, especially your children, is criminal.

It should be. Reminds me of a time when we purchased a teething remedy
for our son that was highly recommended by just about everyone. It never
seemed to do the job as well as the topical anesthetic product we also
used (Orajel). I got curious about active ingredients, that's when I
noticed things like belladona, and some such with a 10X after it. After
reading that I remarked that he probably felt better temporarily because
it was a sugar pill, and sweet tasting things will calm a baby for a
moment (They used a glucose-coated pacifier when they did the neural
hearing check before releasing him from the hospital after they were
born to keep him drowsy so the brain activity would be at a minimum.
Worked a treat!)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message