POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows XP VM Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Windows XP VM (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Windows XP VM
Date: 27 Mar 2010 08:13:47
Message: <4badf67b$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Amazon seems to still sell it, if you actually need the media and a
> license.

I did a search, and every result I got back was for Amazon offering you
somebody's second-hand (i.e., illegal) copy. There were no new copies on
sale anywhere.

(I particularly hate the fact that Amazon now sells second-hand stuff. I
don't *want* second-hand items! But Amazon seems to not offer any way to
disable showing them...)

> And as Darren says, can't you buy it from within Windows after
> you've installed it?

Not as far as I know, no. When you activate, you must enter a valid
license code, or you get asked to call a helpline. If you don't do that,
your PC stops working after a while.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/