POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows XP VM : Re: Windows XP VM Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows XP VM
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Mar 2010 12:02:15
Message: <4bae2c07$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I did a search, and every result I got back was for Amazon offering you
> somebody's second-hand (i.e., illegal) copy. There were no new copies on
> sale anywhere.

Second-hand is not necessarily illegal. Of course, with active software,
it's entirely possible for the authors to do something that prevents you
from doing what's entirely legal.

> Not as far as I know, no. When you activate, you must enter a valid
> license code, or you get asked to call a helpline. If you don't do that,
> your PC stops working after a while.

So call the help line and see if they'll sell you an activation.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Yes, we're traveling togeher,