POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Red letter day Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Red letter day (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Red letter day
Date: 18 Mar 2010 05:36:50
Message: <4ba1f432@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> scott wrote:
>>> OOC, how many million USD does your company lose annually?
>>
>> About -1000
>
> QED.

Even I can see that a loss of -1000 is in the black ;-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 18 Mar 2010 05:37:48
Message: <4ba1f46c$1@news.povray.org>
>>> OOC, how many million USD does your company lose annually?
>>
>> About -1000
>
> QED.

Actually the amount of profit the whole company makes has quite a small
impact on the budget my department gets.  What made a much bigger difference
was that we *lost* a key project, which meant we didn't have to pay for a
lot of stuff, which meant we had the money left over to buy other things.
And the way it works here is that any money you have left over on March 31st
gets taken away from you.  IOW because we sucked at winning the project we
were forced to spend a 5 digit sum of money on other stuff (new laptops, TVs
etc) - incentive or what!

Post a reply to this message

> Actually the amount of profit the whole company makes has quite a small
> impact on the budget my department gets.  What made a much bigger
> difference was that we *lost* a key project, which meant we didn't have
> to pay for a lot of stuff, which meant we had the money left over to buy
> other things. And the way it works here is that any money you have left
> over on March 31st gets taken away from you.  IOW because we sucked at
> winning the project we were forced to spend a 5 digit sum of money on
> other stuff (new laptops, TVs etc) - incentive or what!

Dude, that's *advanced*! :-D

But anyway, my point was, my employer has a fairly serious lack of cash
right now. Apparently banks tend to not like lending money to companies
that keep posting larger and larger losses. I can't imagine why...

Post a reply to this message