POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Red letter day : Re: Red letter day Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Red letter day
From: scott
Date: 18 Mar 2010 05:37:48
Message: <4ba1f46c$1@news.povray.org>
>>> OOC, how many million USD does your company lose annually?
>>
>> About -1000
>
> QED.

Actually the amount of profit the whole company makes has quite a small
impact on the budget my department gets.  What made a much bigger difference
was that we *lost* a key project, which meant we didn't have to pay for a
lot of stuff, which meant we had the money left over to buy other things.
And the way it works here is that any money you have left over on March 31st
gets taken away from you.  IOW because we sucked at winning the project we
were forced to spend a 5 digit sum of money on other stuff (new laptops, TVs
etc) - incentive or what!