POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mozart Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Mozart (Message 21 to 25 of 25)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Mozart
Date: 15 Mar 2010 13:51:43
Message: <4b9e73af$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> On 14-3-2010 21:54, nemesis wrote:
>>> horrid
>>>
>>> though I understand techno and classical music fans have one thing in common:
>>> they appreciate music for itself, without the need for lyrics.
>> I like classical music, especially a capella ;)
>
> I do appreciate some operas and oratorios too.  But thankfully, I don't
> understand a thing of what those voices are talking about.

That may be a blessing ;-)

> They still work beautifully as instruments though.

And you may get the emotion coming through as well.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 15 Mar 2010 14:10:13
Message: <4b9e7805$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
>> I do appreciate some operas and oratorios too.  But thankfully, I don't
>> understand a thing of what those voices are talking about.
>
> That may be a blessing ;-)

This comment reminds me of this song by Siegfried Wagner (not a great
performance, but the only video I can find):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V49_GhWzp3w

The title translates to "The Tale of the Big, Fat Pancake" :-)  It's one
of the lieder that I really don't mind not being able to understand
(although reading through the lyrics was admittedly rather fun, so maybe
that's my loss).

It also reminds me a bit of Bach's coffee cantata.

Post a reply to this message