POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mozart : Re: Mozart Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mozart
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 15 Mar 2010 14:10:13
Message: <4b9e7805$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
>> I do appreciate some operas and oratorios too.  But thankfully, I don't
>> understand a thing of what those voices are talking about.
>
> That may be a blessing ;-)

This comment reminds me of this song by Siegfried Wagner (not a great
performance, but the only video I can find):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V49_GhWzp3w

The title translates to "The Tale of the Big, Fat Pancake" :-)  It's one
of the lieder that I really don't mind not being able to understand
(although reading through the lyrics was admittedly rather fun, so maybe
that's my loss).

It also reminds me a bit of Bach's coffee cantata.