POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Amusing conclusions Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Amusing conclusions (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Invisible
Subject: Amusing conclusions
Date: 5 Mar 2010 09:06:22
Message: <4b910fde@news.povray.org>
I just read a PhD thesis where somebody wrote an LLVM back-end for the
Haskell compiler. The "conclusions" section is entertaining. Consider this:

current complete uselessness is surprising. In closing, I believe that
LLVM offers a compelling and viable back-end target for GHC today."

Obviously I'm taking this out of context. But seriously... it's useless,
and that makes it a compelling and viable back-end? I LOL'd.

Post a reply to this message

> I just read a PhD thesis where somebody wrote an LLVM back-end for the
> Haskell compiler. The "conclusions" section is entertaining. Consider this:
>

> current complete uselessness is surprising. In closing, I believe that
> LLVM offers a compelling and viable back-end target for GHC today."
>
> Obviously I'm taking this out of context. But seriously... it's useless,
> and that makes it a compelling and viable back-end? I LOL'd.

	Ponder over how useful Haskell is, and you'll have your answer.<G>

--
How many of you believe in telekinesis?  Raise MY hand!