POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What's in an IDE? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  What's in an IDE? (Message 57 to 66 of 66)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: What's in an IDE?
Date: 2 Mar 2010 12:15:58
Message: <4b8d47ce@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding 8bit, charset: iso-8859-1, 16 lines --]

> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
> >
> > > CMake is just a new version of make, or a makefile generator, I forget
> > > which. It's not integrated, and it's not an environment, any more than make
> > > itself is.
> >
> >   You said what CMake is/isn't, not what an "IDE" is...

> bash is a pretty good IDE to me.  It integrates/glues all other dev tools
> needed. :)

  I wouldn't call that integration. It just launches the independent apps.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 2 Mar 2010 12:44:17
Message: <4b8d4e71@news.povray.org>
>> bash is a pretty good IDE to me.  It integrates/glues all other dev tools
>> needed. :)
>
>   I wouldn't call that integration. It just launches the independent apps.

I think to be integrated, the tools actually have to talk to each other
while running. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not

Post a reply to this message

>>> bash is a pretty good IDE to me.  It integrates/glues all other dev
>>> tools needed. :)
>>
>>   I wouldn't call that integration. It just launches the independent
>>   apps.
>
> I think to be integrated, the tools actually have to talk to each other
> while running. :-)

There are pipes :)

Post a reply to this message