POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Chi-squared test Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Chi-squared test (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Invisible
Subject: Chi-squared test
Date: 26 Feb 2010 11:37:14
Message: <4b87f8ba$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so I finally have to ask. What the hell *is* a chi-squared test? And
why does POV-Ray need one?

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Chi-squared test
Date: 28 Feb 2010 07:10:30
Message: <4b8a5d36$1@news.povray.org>
Le 26/02/2010 17:37, Invisible nous fit lire :
> OK, so I finally have to ask. What the hell *is* a chi-squared test? And
> why does POV-Ray need one?

chi-squared is mentionned in povray documentation about the media
sampling, and it's an heuristic to avoid taking far too much expansive
samples when the chi-squared test would indicate that "statically",
there is no point getting more samples.

Post a reply to this message