POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Chi-squared test : Re: Chi-squared test Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chi-squared test
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 5 Mar 2010 06:34:57
Message: <op.u83egtommn4jds@phils>
And lo On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:37:13 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake thusly:

> OK, so I finally have to ask. What the hell *is* a chi-squared test? And
> why does POV-Ray need one?

It's a confidence test so as Le_Forgeron stated it's used to keep the
processing down i.e. should I bother with this sample? Chi-squared returns
that there's only a 1% chance there's something significant there, so no I
won't bother.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com