POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Brain fail Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Brain fail (Message 11 to 20 of 41)
From: Captain Jack
Subject: Re: Brain fail
Date: 12 Feb 2010 14:32:04
Message: <4b75acb4@news.povray.org>
news:4b758c57$1@news.povray.org...

> You know, he says that, but I'm pretty sure a CA with an infinite amount
> of initialization counts as Turing-equivalent.

Wait... California is a Turing machine? Good Lord, that explains everything!

--
Jack

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Feb 2010 14:34:47
Message: <4b75ad57$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> as he described it, he needs to set
> up an infinite number of clock pulses before starting the emulation in
> order to clock the emulation. I'm not sure that's allowed

Yeah, that does sound a little suspect...

I think this is just a case of a flawed proof though. I'm pretty sure
the *result* is correct.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> I think this is just a case of a flawed proof though. I'm pretty sure
> the *result* is correct.

He's trying to prove that *his* CA is turing complete. I already know there
are lots of turing complete CAs.  I'm not sure what "result" you think is
correct?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do

Post a reply to this message

> "Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote in message
>> You know, he says that, but I'm pretty sure a CA with an infinite amount
>> of initialization counts as Turing-equivalent.
>
> Wait... California is a Turing machine? Good Lord, that explains everything!

No. Canada.