POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Still Alive, Vocaloid ver. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Still Alive, Vocaloid ver. (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Still Alive, Vocaloid ver.
Date: 6 Feb 2010 17:37:06
Message: <4b6def12$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_12b6Om758Q&feature=related

The accent is kind of cute.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Still Alive, Vocaloid ver.
Date: 7 Feb 2010 00:13:49
Message: <4b6e4c0d$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_12b6Om758Q&feature=related
> The accent is kind of cute.

It was interesting going through the "director's commentary" version. Lots
of interesting insight into what goes into video games.

For the voice, they had a speech synthesizer say the lines, then asked the
voice actress to speak the lines the same way, then post-processed the real
voice to sound like a computer. Kind of a round-about way of doing it.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do

Post a reply to this message

> For the voice, they had a speech synthesizer say the lines, then asked the
> voice actress to speak the lines the same way, then post-processed the real
> voice to sound like a computer. Kind of a round-about way of doing it.

  I would be surprised if they would have been able to do it purely with
software. I don't think text-to-speech is that advanced yet.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> For the voice, they had a speech synthesizer say the lines, then asked the
>> voice actress to speak the lines the same way, then post-processed the real
>> voice to sound like a computer. Kind of a round-about way of doing it.
>
>   I would be surprised if they would have been able to do it purely with
> software. I don't think text-to-speech is that advanced yet.

In case you hadn't noticed or weren't aware of it, Vocaloid is a program
that takes a library of sounds made by a person and lets you string them
together arbitrarily to create a synthetic version of that person.  It's
a ways off from sounding truly accurate, but it's a step up from MS Sam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid

Whole load of youtube videos with it.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

> > Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
> >> For the voice, they had a speech synthesizer say the lines, then asked the
> >> voice actress to speak the lines the same way, then post-processed the real
> >> voice to sound like a computer. Kind of a round-about way of doing it.
> >
> >   I would be surprised if they would have been able to do it purely with
> > software. I don't think text-to-speech is that advanced yet.

> In case you hadn't noticed or weren't aware of it, Vocaloid is a program
> that takes a library of sounds made by a person and lets you string them
> together arbitrarily to create a synthetic version of that person.  It's
> a ways off from sounding truly accurate, but it's a step up from MS Sam.

  Which proves the point I made.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message