POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Still Alive, Vocaloid ver. : Re: Still Alive, Vocaloid ver. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Still Alive, Vocaloid ver.
From: Tim Cook
Date: 7 Feb 2010 15:44:50
Message: <4b6f2642$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> For the voice, they had a speech synthesizer say the lines, then asked the
>> voice actress to speak the lines the same way, then post-processed the real
>> voice to sound like a computer. Kind of a round-about way of doing it.
>
>   I would be surprised if they would have been able to do it purely with
> software. I don't think text-to-speech is that advanced yet.

In case you hadn't noticed or weren't aware of it, Vocaloid is a program
that takes a library of sounds made by a person and lets you string them
together arbitrarily to create a synthetic version of that person.  It's
a ways off from sounding truly accurate, but it's a step up from MS Sam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid

Whole load of youtube videos with it.

--
Tim Cook