POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Illumination Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Illumination (Message 11 to 20 of 48)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Illumination
Date: 5 Feb 2010 11:40:16
Message: <4b6c49f0$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> The point is to log what you're doing *right now*.  Doesn't matter how
> irrelevant it is, there's an audience of followers ready to listen/read.  Even
> if they are just spammers.
>
> It has a certain appeal with obssessive-compulsive people:
> http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/4/23/

Eeew!

> but certainly has many other good uses:
> http://www.dilbert.com/strips/comic/2009-10-04/

Hehe, riiiight.

I'm *so* not bothering. :-P

Post a reply to this message

From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 5 Feb 2010 12:58:27
Message: <op.u7n1jkv87bxctx@toad.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 17:25:45 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> I hear that organisms such as fireflies use a bioluminescense system
> which is approximately 98% effecient. I wonder why nobody is researching
> that...

What makes you think nobody is? Bioluminescence is simply not suitable as
a replacement for light-bulbs because it is based on chemical and
biological reactions. Imagine a light-bulb that must be fed, and that

--
FE

Post a reply to this message