POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New car Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:29:19 EDT (-0400)
  New car (Message 65 to 74 of 184)
From: Dre
Subject: Re: New car
Date: 3 Feb 2010 19:03:31
Message: <4b6a0ed3@news.povray.org>
news:4b69401a@news.povray.org...
> Dre wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> It's got a CD-changer in the front, which is nice. It's slot-loading
>>> though, so any CDs you put in it are likely to get ruined.
>> <snip>
>>
>> O_o
>>
>> This logic astounds me!
>
> In what way?

In the "its a slot load drive" therefore "it will likely ruin my CD's" way.
Sorry but thats a crock of s**t!

If you can ruin a CD in a slot load drive you aren't using it properly.

All the slot load drives I have ever seen you can load and eject the CD with
one of your fingers in the hole, so no finger prints.  You can also grab it
by the edges which also dont leave any fingerprints.

The servo arm that holds the CD is covered in rubber so doesn't scratch
discs.  Not to mention, I've never seen one thats been jammed.  I've also
never heard of a drive where you have to bend the disc to load, that sounds
broken.

One thing that slot load drives dont let you do that tray drives do is let
the draw jam the cd between it and the front panel if the CD isn't placed in
the center correctly.  When this happens, you get bad scratches on the disc.
This has only ever happened to me with older IDE type drives where software
has closed the tray while I was loading a disc.  PITA!

Cheers Dre

Post a reply to this message

"Dre" <and### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> In the "its a slot load drive" therefore "it will likely
ruin my CD's" way.
> Sorry but thats a crock of s**t!
>
> If you can ruin a CD in a slot load drive you aren't using
it properly.

> All the slot load drives I have ever seen you can load and
eject the CD with
> one of your fingers in the hole, so no finger prints.  You
can also grab it
> by the edges which also dont leave any fingerprints.

I have a slot CD player that won't always release my CDs.
Sometimes the CDs get stuck and often get scratched trying
to remove them. 2001 Subaru Legacy, Outback... I don't use
the CD player any more either...

Post a reply to this message