POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New car Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  New car (Message 141 to 150 of 184)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: New car
Date: 5 Feb 2010 16:28:50
Message: <4b6c8d92$1@news.povray.org>
>> About the only thing that can go wrong with a tray-load drive is if the
>> disk isn't sitting in it properly, and it gets mashed when the tray
>> tries to shut. USUALLY the servo system notices this and stops trying to
>> shut the door. Depending on how cheap the drive is...
>>

> Or the drive fails to stop the disk before ejecting it and it's still
> rotating when the tray comes out. You would be surprised how fast the
> disc leaves the tray from even a small bump...

I have never seen any drive, ever, do this. Not even lame laptop drives.

(I do, however, have a very old portable CD player. You stop the disk by
opening the lid...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Manual mayhem
Date: 5 Feb 2010 17:18:21
Message: <4b6c992d$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> Well yes. I guess they've been standard since the 70's.

FWIW, they were required on cars starting in '62 or '64 or so in the USA.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do

Post a reply to this message