POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues Server Time
8 Oct 2024 18:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  The question continues (Message 61 to 70 of 126)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: The question continues
Date: 1 Feb 2010 12:30:36
Message: <4b670fbc@news.povray.org>
> http://stason.org/TULARC/os/linux-faq/007-Is-Linux-Unix.html

  Somehow I don't consider "we shouldn't call Linux Unix because nobody has
paid money to some organization in order to get the right to use that name"
as a very relevant argument on the question of whether Linux *is* a Unix
operating system. Just because it cannot *legally* be called that doesn't
mean it isn't.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message