POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  The question continues (Message 7 to 16 of 126)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: The question continues
Date: 30 Jan 2010 11:18:50
Message: <4b645bea@news.povray.org>
> Unix, Windows, Linux, Red Hat, Solaris, OS environments. [...]"

> Newsflash: Linux *is* Unix. Red Hat *is* Linux. And ALL of the above
> *are* "OS environments". Learn basic English! :-P

  Maybe it means "Unix operating systems in general, but especially Linux
and Solaris, and from all Linux distros especially Red Hat". In other words,
if from all your Unix knowledge you have first-hand experience with Red Hat
in particular, that's a plus.

  Also, being experienced in Unix and Windows doesn't necessarily mean that
you have knowledge and experience about operating systems in general (most
people don't, even if they are fluent in *using* both Windows and Linux).

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message