POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  The question continues (Message 47 to 56 of 126)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: The question continues
Date: 1 Feb 2010 11:44:13
Message: <4b6704dd$1@news.povray.org>
>> and all with salaries of £30,000 or higher [so, presumably beyond my
>> experience level].
>
> Don't let that be an inhibitor.  Let the prospective employer decide if
> you have the right amount of experience.  Don't pre-filter - apply for
> jobs you're interested in and let them decide if you're qualified.

Well, maybe.

Here's the thing I don't get: On one of these sites, when you fill out a
search form, you're required to specify the minimum AND MAXIMUM salary
you will accept.

Why the **** would you have a *maximum* salary? WTF?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Feb 2010 11:44:17
Message: <4b6704e1$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:07:32 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> I guess most managers just don't make a habit of telling everybody how
> much more money they earn than you do...

At least here in the US, salary information is considered confidential
and isn't supposed to be discussed with anyone other than your boss, HR,
and payroll.

Jim

Post a reply to this message