POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  The question continues (Message 11 to 20 of 126)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: The quest continues
Date: 30 Jan 2010 11:31:40
Message: <4b645eec@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> "The position is for someone who is interested in the progression to
> full team leader capacity. Hands on and hands off."
>
> No idea what that last is supposed to mean.

It means a team leader involved in doing the work (hands on) and a team
leader who merely provides directions (hands off).

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: The question continues
Date: 30 Jan 2010 11:37:36
Message: <4b646050$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Maybe it means "Unix operating systems in general, but especially Linux
> and Solaris, and from all Linux distros especially Red Hat".

In my experience, no, it just means the person putting together the list
doesn't know what they're talking about, literally. They have a pile of
paper with a list of skills different people told them they were looking
for, so they wrote them all down. I suspect if you asked the person who
wrote the ad what kind of software each of those was, they'd say "I don't
know", even tho the answer is listed on the same line.  Either that, or
they're optimizing for search engines, just plugging in what everyone might
search for.

I've been turned down for jobs because they were advertising for ISO and TCP
networking and I wrote I know both the OSI and the IP stack.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do
   I get "focus follows gaze"?

Post a reply to this message

> >   Maybe it means "Unix operating systems in general, but especially Linux
> > and Solaris, and from all Linux distros especially Red Hat".

> In my experience, no, it just means the person putting together the list
> doesn't know what they're talking about, literally.

  Hey, I was just giving the author the benefit of the doubt. No need to
be a cynic in everything... :P

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message