POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Loneliness (Message 86 to 95 of 95)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Loneliness
Date: 3 Feb 2010 15:48:30
Message: <4b69e11e$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> I had an e-mail earlier today from a developer I work with who wrote a
> single run-on sentence about a two-line code change he was making; it
> wasn't clear to me what it was he was intending to accomplish with this
> (though I could - and did - guess, I've found it's best to be clear up
> front before coding begins with this developer), so I restated it back to
> him with "do I understand that this will [....]" and he sent me a one-
> word reply:  YES.

Great! I wonder what his documentation is like, if he does any.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 3 Feb 2010 15:50:26
Message: <4b69e192$1@news.povray.org>
>> Oh yeah: worrying. :-/
>
> Well, that's a skill, too - but one that you shouldn't focus a lot of
> time on developing further.  ;-)

....IT'S POSSIBLE TO DEVELOP FURTHER THAN THIS?? O_O

I'm SO not trying that!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Stephen
Date: 3 Feb 2010 15:51:55
Message: <4b69e1eb$1@news.povray.org>
DungBeatle wrote:

>I never wrote it... He hasn't spoken to me in over a year now.

Jammy B ;-)
--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 3 Feb 2010 16:49:55
Message: <4B69EF83.8000008@hotmail.com>
On 3-2-2010 19:29, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Sounds like you got a good deal out of it!
>>
>> I don't like problems like this. I much prefer easy, open
>> discussion.
>
> Well, yes, that's far better...
>
>> I love doing my job, it's people that suck...
>
> Heh, I'm sure a lot of people have that problem.

There's also a lot that don't.
Most of the colleagues at my work are sort of friends and I always had
good contact with the patients.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Feb 2010 17:57:24
Message: <4b69ff54$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:48:36 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> I had an e-mail earlier today from a developer I work with who wrote a
>> single run-on sentence about a two-line code change he was making; it
>> wasn't clear to me what it was he was intending to accomplish with this
>> (though I could - and did - guess, I've found it's best to be clear up
>> front before coding begins with this developer), so I restated it back
>> to him with "do I understand that this will [....]" and he sent me a
>> one- word reply:  YES.
>>
> Great! I wonder what his documentation is like, if he does any.

Difficult to read at best, nonexistent at worst.  Which reminds me, I had
meant to mention that his latest svn commits were done improperly. <sigh>

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Feb 2010 17:58:15
Message: <4b69ff87$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:50:28 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Oh yeah: worrying. :-/
>>
>> Well, that's a skill, too - but one that you shouldn't focus a lot of
>> time on developing further.  ;-)
>
> ....IT'S POSSIBLE TO DEVELOP FURTHER THAN THIS?? O_O
>
> I'm SO not trying that!

That's good.  And yes, it is - I've known people who would frequently
make themselves physically ill because they worried about things so
much.  I'm talking ill enough to not be able to leave the house.  Ever.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: DungBeatle
Date: 3 Feb 2010 18:12:39
Message: <4b6a02e7$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message

> That's good.  And yes, it is - I've known people who would
frequently
> make themselves physically ill because they worried about
things so
> much.  I'm talking ill enough to not be able to leave the
house.  Ever.
> Jim

It happened to me last year. A situation at work got me
extremely upset and worried. I lost a lot of sleep over it,
my blood pressure shot up to 240/120! I wound up in ER, had
to take nitro glycerin and morphine. The high BP caused a
kydney stone (one that I must have been carrying for a few
years) to break loose and lodge in my ureter, doc was
concerned about sepsis). Had to have emergency surgery to
have it removed (I was pissing what looked like grape juice
for two weeks). The high BP also caused a rupture in my
right retina, and more emergency surgery (I still have blood
clots in my right eye). I have learned to take things easier
now. I have to be very careful about getting worked up. I
take pharms for the BP, but it's always a bit too high...

~db

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Feb 2010 00:40:23
Message: <4b6a5dc7$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 15:08:08 -0800, DungBeatle wrote:

> It happened to me last year.

I was partially thinking about hypertension and related issues - so sorry
to hear you went through that, it's not fun to do (I've not done it
myself, but I have family who has).

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 4 Feb 2010 03:03:12
Message: <4b6a7f40@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:48:36 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>

>> Great! I wonder what his documentation is like, if he does any.
>
> Difficult to read at best, nonexistent at worst.  Which reminds me, I had
> meant to mention that his latest svn commits were done improperly. <sigh>

I’m writing configuration documents ATM so I had better make them
comprehensible, after all I’ve said about the current documentation.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Feb 2010 10:46:12
Message: <4b6aebc4$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 08:03:18 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> I’m writing configuration documents ATM so I had better make them
> comprehensible, after all I’ve said about the current documentation.

That would probably be a good idea.

Jim