POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday's WTF moment Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Friday's WTF moment (Message 11 to 20 of 36)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Friday's WTF moment
Date: 1 Feb 2010 12:07:39
Message: <4b670a5b$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:57:27 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> And five minutes ago, I got a phone call telling my that... my boss...
> no longer works for this company. O_O

Clearly either you weren't the only one having problems with him....or he
found another job and gave his notice - and they gave him an immediate
vacation.  (I've seen that happen here in the US - someone in IT gives
their notice and they have their access revoked immediately and are told
to take a paid vacation).

Jim

Post a reply to this message

"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:57:27 +0000, Invisible wrote:
> > And five minutes ago, I got a phone call telling my
that... my boss...
> > no longer works for this company. O_O
>
> Clearly either you weren't the only one having problems
with him....or he
> found another job and gave his notice - and they gave him
an immediate
> vacation.  (I've seen that happen here in the US - someone
in IT gives
> their notice and they have their access revoked
immediately and are told
> to take a paid vacation).--Jim

I put in a 2 month notice and the next day they handed me
two month's pay and told me to go home... :) I guess they
were worried...

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 09:16:05 -0800, DungBeatle wrote:

> I put in a 2 month notice and the next day they handed me two month's
> pay and told me to go home... :) I guess they were worried...

In my experience, it's not that they're worried, it's just policy for IT
people - and from my own perspective, I actually like the policy, because
that means when something goes "boom" after you've left, they can't blame
you for it (well, they can try.....)

Jim

Post a reply to this message