POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Working it out Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Working it out (Message 15 to 24 of 34)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Working it out
Date: 28 Jan 2010 15:12:06
Message: <4b61ef96$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> What *does* SAP do?
>
> It keeps track of *everything*.

A good answer Darren LOL

As a SAP functional consultant. (You must keep track of what people tell
you about themselves, Andrew. It is a way to impress the ladies ;) )

It is a management tool but that is from a management point of view and
is a good way to sell it to companies. It is also a software tool to
control most aspects of production, linking together calculating
production demand from sales to buying raw materials in time to produce
the finished goods, to delivering them to your customers. My involvement
is in the maintenance of the production facilities, buying and storing
the spare parts and controlling the labour resources of maintenance
departments. Not that I actually get my hands dirty operating the
system, you understand ;)
SAP integrates all the functions of major companies into one package so
that there is connectivity and transparency throughout the company. It
was sold to multi national companies first (Oil companies,
Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Aero-space, food and beverages etc.) Now
medium sized companies are targeted.

I could go on but I’m sure others will get the point. ;)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message