POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? Server Time
5 May 2024 12:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much? (Message 11 to 20 of 65)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: Why do Americans hate Barack Obama so much?
Date: 27 Jan 2010 16:32:44
Message: <4b60b0fc$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:49:38 -0500, nemesis wrote:
>
>> I heard some right-wing conservatives in a newsgroups call him the
>> "magic negro".  Racism is still a very visible local culture divide, I
>> guess.
>
> Very much so.

But if you ask them, they'll insist they're not racist, they don't like
this trait or that trait that they're quick to note isn't particular to
[racial group]...it just happens to be something that they ascribe to
most members of that group far more often than any other.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:32:36 -0500, Tim Cook wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:49:38 -0500, nemesis wrote:
>>
>>> I heard some right-wing conservatives in a newsgroups call him the
>>> "magic negro".  Racism is still a very visible local culture divide, I
>>> guess.
>>
>> Very much so.
>
> But if you ask them, they'll insist they're not racist, they don't like
> this trait or that trait that they're quick to note isn't particular to
> [racial group]...it just happens to be something that they ascribe to
> most members of that group far more often than any other.

Yep, I've noticed that as well.  It's all very "slimy" if you ask me.

Jim

Post a reply to this message