POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Heinlein is great Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Heinlein is great (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Chambers
Subject: Heinlein is great
Date: 19 Jan 2010 23:00:24
Message: <4b567fd8@news.povray.org>
Currently reading "Time for the Stars," and pleased at the focus on
human relations and the journey the main character undertakes, rather
than the story focusing on the "Ain't it cool" aspect of space travel.

I wish more sci fi books were like that... it's making me want to read
more of his (the only other one I've read is "Stranger in a Strange
Land," which I also loved).

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

> I wish more sci fi books were like that... it's making me want to read
> more of his (the only other one I've read is "Stranger in a Strange
> Land," which I also loved).

Read them all, both the adult stuff and the "kid" stuff. It's all good.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do

Post a reply to this message

>> I wish more sci fi books were like that... it's making me want to read
>> more of his (the only other one I've read is "Stranger in a Strange
>> Land," which I also loved).
>
> Read them all, both the adult stuff and the "kid" stuff. It's all good.

I bet myself $5 that you would be the first to respond, and I won :)

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

> Currently reading "Time for the Stars," and pleased at the focus on
> human relations and the journey the main character undertakes, rather
> than the story focusing on the "Ain't it cool" aspect of space travel.
>
> I wish more sci fi books were like that... it's making me want to read
> more of his (the only other one I've read is "Stranger in a Strange
> Land," which I also loved).
>
> ....Chambers

When you get to Time Enough for Love, let me know. I love hearing how
people react to that and Number of the Beast.

Post a reply to this message

>>> I wish more sci fi books were like that... it's making me want to
>>> read more of his (the only other one I've read is "Stranger in a
>>> Strange Land," which I also loved).
>>
>> Read them all, both the adult stuff and the "kid" stuff. It's all good.
>>

> I bet myself $5 that you would be the first to respond, and I won :)

Do I get half?