POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Heinlein is great Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Heinlein is great (Message 2 to 11 of 11)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Heinlein is great
Date: 19 Jan 2010 23:51:12
Message: <4b568bc0$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> I wish more sci fi books were like that... it's making me want to read
> more of his (the only other one I've read is "Stranger in a Strange
> Land," which I also loved).

Read them all, both the adult stuff and the "kid" stuff. It's all good.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do

Post a reply to this message

From: Chambers
Date: 19 Jan 2010 23:56:55
Message: <4b568d17$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> I wish more sci fi books were like that... it's making me want to read
>> more of his (the only other one I've read is "Stranger in a Strange
>> Land," which I also loved).
>
> Read them all, both the adult stuff and the "kid" stuff. It's all good.

I bet myself $5 that you would be the first to respond, and I won :)

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 20 Jan 2010 00:26:20
Message: <4b5693fc$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Currently reading "Time for the Stars," and pleased at the focus on
> human relations and the journey the main character undertakes, rather
> than the story focusing on the "Ain't it cool" aspect of space travel.
>
> I wish more sci fi books were like that... it's making me want to read
> more of his (the only other one I've read is "Stranger in a Strange
> Land," which I also loved).
>
> ....Chambers

When you get to Time Enough for Love, let me know. I love hearing how
people react to that and Number of the Beast.

Post a reply to this message

>>> I wish more sci fi books were like that... it's making me want to
>>> read more of his (the only other one I've read is "Stranger in a
>>> Strange Land," which I also loved).
>>
>> Read them all, both the adult stuff and the "kid" stuff. It's all good.
>>

> I bet myself $5 that you would be the first to respond, and I won :)

Do I get half?