POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pseudoscience WTF?! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Pseudoscience WTF?! (Message 12 to 21 of 21)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Pseudoscience WTF?!
Date: 18 Jan 2010 11:50:32
Message: <4b549158$1@news.povray.org>
gregjohn wrote:
> Then I was willing to go with her in seeing what witty philosophical observation
> she'd make out of her reasonable observation that most of matter (volumetrically
> speaking) is nothing.

Apparently, the math only works out if you assume photons and electrons
really are mathematical points.  Which I thought was funky.

And while most ordinary matter is full of only electrons and photons which
are apparently mathematical points, the number of neutrons, protrons, and
other -trons with volume is far larger than she thinks. For example, almost
all of a neutron star is made of neutrons, so there is much more non-empty
matter out there than she thinks.

She's basically doing what all such charlatans do, which is to simply state
lies as truth and then build on that.

I watched one guy on TV saying that bananas are poison, and oranges are
poison, but they're healthy if you mix them together. I have no idea what he
was selling, but he said it with such confidence it has become a running
joke here.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do