POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why people don't like Star Wars I Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:12:09 EDT (-0400)
  Why people don't like Star Wars I (Message 121 to 126 of 126)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I
Date: 3 Jan 2010 14:34:33
Message: <4b40f149$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:10:13 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I can understand why it might piss some people off.
>
> I also remember a deaf friend (well, email-friend :-) getting pissed off
> because she couldn't win a video game, because she couldn't hear where
> the bad-guys were. (It might have been Thief, where a big part is
> figuring out where the enemy is based on the sound of their walking,
> talking, etc.)

There was a very interesting Q&A on Youtube with Gabe Newmann (sp?) that
he did with some deaf gamers - I found it very interesting.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 4 Jan 2010 14:11:36
Message: <4b423d68$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:

> No need.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dROyIwJ8_wE&fmt=22
>
> The less than spectacular CGI-Neo becomes more obvious roughly five
> minutes in, when the number of Smiths goes up.

That's the best YouTube video I think I've ever seen. Usually anything
on YouTube is horrifyingly pixelated and garbled, even on the highest
quality settings. Interesting...

Also, this video doesn't appear to match my memory. I wonder if the DVD
that I watched is a slightly different edit or something...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> That's the best YouTube video I think I've ever seen. Usually anything
> on YouTube is horrifyingly pixelated and garbled, even on the highest
> quality settings. Interesting...

How did you set the "quality settings" before?

Post a reply to this message

>> The less than spectacular CGI-Neo becomes more obvious roughly five
>> minutes in, when the number of Smiths goes up.
>
> That's the best YouTube video I think I've ever seen.

That is good quality. Too bad it was choreographed by either Lionel
Blair or the Tiller girls. ;)
--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> That's the best YouTube video I think I've ever seen.
>
> That is good quality. Too bad it was choreographed by either Lionel
> Blair or the Tiller girls. ;)

Oh, hey, I was only referring to picture quality, not actual content. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> That's the best YouTube video I think I've ever seen.
>>
>> That is good quality. Too bad it was choreographed by either Lionel
>> Blair or the Tiller girls. ;)
>
> Oh, hey, I was only referring to picture quality, not actual content. ;-)

I know but I was just taken aback at the puerility of the fighting.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen